Friday, May 21, 2010

Easy (2003)



Jamie (Marguerite Moreau) always be sleepin' with fellas, and she's so unhappy, and this behavior is so self-destructive, yadda yadda yadda. Ya see, the fellas never want to commit to a relationship with her after the fucking. Causal link? Probably!

So there's that going on, and I'm like "EH." But, soon enough, she sleeps with John (Naveen Andrews), and he's still into her and there's happiness but then sadness but then Mick (Brían O'Byrne). Bonus: wacky hijinks with family and friends. Everybody's in love; whatever. And sometimes there are tall things and tension about people falling from same.

This romantic comedy has approximately 4 love subplots too many. It also features Emily Deschanel's trademark wooden acting, a criminal underuse of D.B. Woodside, and an attempted suicide that makes no sense. In short: kind of a mess.

On the other hand, the combined charm of Naveen Andrews and Brían O'Byrne is CONSIDERABLE. I watched the movie because I wanted to see them, so I guess I got what I wanted, and that is okay/good.

That is all I have to say about this film. Nope, one more thing: in the future, movies should feel free to not have scenes centered around turtle diarrhea.

No comments:

Post a Comment